Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blue Anna

Hello, all!

Continuing on my current happy obsession with dress patterns by independent designers, here is the Anna Dress, designed by By Hand London:

Anna Dress
Anna Dress, By Hand London.
Fabric: Kaffe Fassett 'Millefiore' for Rowan Fabrics.

The photos are not the best because I've been recovering from the flu, but I did want to squeeze these in right before the Sew Dolly Clackett challenge ends - not that I am hoping to win anything given the amazing entries, but I did sew this dress with the challenge in mind, and I am grateful to Roisin for the fabulous inspiration and overall quirkiness with which she enriches the online sewing community, so I just wanted to join in the fun. :)

Also, the shoes don't match as well as I'd like because I was at my parents' for Easter and had to borrow shoes from my mum for an impromptu photo shoot.

Anna Dress

I love this dress! The bodice is stunning with the inverted bust pleats and barely-there kimono sleeves. I did things a little differently from what the pattern instructed, and had to fix a major gaping back, but it fits really well in the end and turned out quite classy, despite the crazy (and fabulous!) print, and will be a great dress to wear to work when it's hot.

Anna Dress

Anna Dress
This is a beautiful pattern and I will be making more Anna dresses in the future.

16 comments:

wendy said...

this is really beautiful! Wonderful pairing of fabric & pattern :)

Jennifer said...

Lovely! That fabric is amazing. There are so few (ONE to be exact) shops here that sell quality garment fabrics. I find plenty of pretty remnants for my dollies though.

Hélène said...

Wow, très joli modèle, très bien porté, et j'adore le tissu ! Kaffe est vraiment un grand maître de la couleur.
Bises à toi.

christinasewsup said...

Wow. I had to stop to post. Beautiful, beautiful dress.

Lisbei said...

Hello ma chère amie !
Tiens, je n'ai pas reçu d'alerte pour ce message ! Comme je te disais dans mon petit mail, je trouve cette robe absolument magnifique, le tissu est splendide et la coupe te va très bien !
Gros bisous !

Anita said...

This dress looks gorgeous! And it looks beautiful on you, great color choice.

sewmuch2learn said...

Love that dress, and the fabric is so nice. Perfectly fit and well sewn.

Speattle said...

Such a wonderful color combo on you!

Vicki said...

Very pretty~

Von said...

Love that print which is lovely on your small frame! :)

Margaret said...

Lovely dress, Isabelle, and wow, what a print! Perfect for a hot summer's day...I can just see the colors blending so well in your gorgeous, sun-bright Mediterranean location. Hope you feel in tip-top shape soon. :)

Tracy said...

VERY pretty, Isabelle... and just LOVE that fabric--one of my fave KF prints. Such a smart, elegant dress! Happy Days to you all there. :o) ((HUGS))

Tany said...

Really LOVE the dress, Isabelle!! It's perfect, and the fabric is so special and unique!!
Hope you're feeling better already my lovely friend!
{{{HUGS}}}

Karoline said...

Gorgeous dress, I love the fabric

treva e said...

Beautiful! Love the colors in your fabric and the pattern.

sophie (monbouton) said...

Ta version est très réussie et j'adore le tissu ! Je me doutais que ce beau modèle aux lignes simples te plairait