Thursday, February 09, 2012

A few more knits for the Coming Home Outfit - encore des tricots pour la tenue de sortie de maternité

Version française: cliquez ici (et décochez l'autre case)
English version: click here

First off - thank you, thank you, for all the warm well wishes and friendly comments! They are so appreciated - and do encourage me to keep on blogging more (especially as there's no knowing how regularly I might keep at it once our little girl is here...).

Booties on bump

Continuing with the handknits, and since I liked the previous white outfit so much - here's another white cardigan I made for the first few months. Again, I favoured a wrap style to make it extra warm and cosy.
Small Things Sweater
This is the Small Things Sweater by Carina Spencer, knit in Lang Yarns Merino+ Superwash, in white.

I knit this in the 3 months size, figuring the baby had enough truly newborn knits as it was, and that since the sleeves can be rolled up thanks to the ribbed cuffs, she should be able to use it straight away anyway.
This is the matching cardigan to the Purple Romper (sweater pattern is included when you purchase the romper pattern), which is why I decided to use the same beautiful wooden buttons to make them a pair.

I decided both would be part of the outfit to come home from the hospital...
Coming Home Outfit

... Along with these booties (also shown on top of the bump, at top of this post ;)), which I knit in the same yarn - way to use up what was leftover from the last ball!
White Booties

... And this cabled hat, knit in leftover yarn from the pyjamas (Rowan Calmer).
Cabled hat
Otis Baby Hat, by Joy Boath (free on Ravelry).

The yarn is very stretchy (and the hat is knit exactly to gauge), but I'm concerned it might be too small. Consequently, I used up the veeeery last of the leftover Calmer yarn (zero waste on this one!) to whip up another hat just in case - a bonnet this time:
Lacy Bonnet
Super Quick Baby Bonnet, by Dilys Sutherland (free on Ravelry)

It doesn't look like much when laid flat. Here are a couple of pictures that may show its structure better, but I have a feeling it will look loads better on an actual baby head!
Lacy Bonnet
Lacy Bonnet

... And that is not the last of baby knitting. I still have a few finishes to show you! It's crazy how much you can get done when you're not working :) Knitting has been ideal to keep my feet up while feeling productive (total inactivity would drive me completely nuts and actually stress me out more, so I'm glad I'm still allowed to do a little!).

For those of you who may feel disappointed that I haven’t been sewing much... You know, I miss it too; but I’ll just have to say that c’est la vie ! I have been doing some sewing, and some machine embroidery to go with it; but in small doses, as cutting out and handling patterns and fabric usually triggers too many contractions than feels reasonable - not to mention they're not the best way to keep the blood pressure on the safe side. Besides, sewing with a heavy watermelon of a belly wedged between me and the sewing table has definitely been making things challenging!

We’ll see whether the baby leaves me any time at all to sew in the spring - I hope so, but obviously, I’m not writing any plans in stone for now. :)


D’abord, merci à celles qui prennent le temps de laisser des petits commentaires. C’est cela qui, bien plus que tout le reste, encourage à entretenir ce blog. Merci pour votre gentillesse et votre bonne humeur !

Booties on bump

On continue avec les p’tits tricots aujourd’hui ; comme j’avais vraiment aimé le résultat de l’ensemble naissance blanc, j’ai décidé de faire un autre gilet blanc pour les premiers mois. Ici encore, j’ai privilégié un style qui se croise, pour qu’il soit bien chaud et cosy..
Small Things Sweater
Il s'agit du Small Things Sweater de Carina Spencer, tricoté en Lang Merino + Superwash, en blanc donc (si vous suivez ! ;)).
J’ai tricoté la taille 3 mois, parce que je crois avoir suffisamment de tricots en vraie taille naissance ; et puis j’ai choisi de tricoter le bord des manches en côtes, ce qui permet des les rouler un peu, et devrait donc (je l’espère) convenir aussi dès les premières semaines.
Vous l’aurez peut-être repéré : ce gilet est le pendant du pyjama violet (le modèle du gilet est inclus quand on achète celui du pyjama) ; et j’ai donc utilisé les mêmes boutons en bois si jolis, pour faire vraiment un ensemble. Les boutons, comme la laine, viennent de La Mercerie.

J’ai décidé que tous deux feraient partie de la tenue de sortie de maternité...
Coming Home Outfit

... Avec ces petits botillons, tricotés dans le reste de Merino+ : comme ça pas de gâchis ! (ils apparaissent aussi en tête de ce message ;))
White Booties

... Et ce petit bonnet torsadé, tricoté dans le reste de Rowan Calmer qui a servi pour le pyjama.
Cabled hat
Otis Baby Hat, de Joy Boath (gratuit sur Ravelry).

Ce fil est très élastique, et mon échantillon était exactement semblable à celui du modèle (et tricoté en doubles-pointes pour ne pas fausser) ; pourtant, ce bonnet me semble sacrément petit. Alors que faire ? Prendre le tout dernier, dernier bout de Rowan Calmer qui me restait, et tricoter une autre petite capeline, juste au cas où :
Lacy Bonnet
Super Quick Baby Bonnet, de Dilys Sutherland (gratuit sur Ravelry)

Je sais, elle n’a pas l’air de grand-chose posée comme ça à plat. Voici quelques photos qui tentent de montrer sa structure, mais je pense que ça rendra beaucoup mieux sur une vraie petite tête de bébé !
Lacy Bonnet
Lacy Bonnet

La liste de mini tricots ne s’arrête pas là... J’en ai encore un bon petit nombre à vous montrer. C’est fou tout ce qu’on peut faire quand on est en congé ! ;) Le tricot a été l’activité idéale pour me permettre de me reposer tout en me sentant productive (je ne supporte pas l’inactivité totale, ça me stresserait plus que d'être un minimum active : heureusement que j'y ai encore droit !).

Pour celles qui sont déçues de ne pas voir plus de couture... Ben ça me manque aussi ! Mais c’est la vie. ;) J’ai fait un peu de couture, et de la broderie machine pour aller avec, mais à petites doses, car découper et manipuler patrons et tissus provoque plus de contractions que de raison, et puis ce genre d'agitation n'est pas bon pour mes problèmes de tension ; sans compter que coudre avec une pastèque géante et bien lourde entre soi et la table de couture, ce n'est pas facile facile ;) On verra le temps que le bébé me laisse (ou non ;)) pour coudre au printemps !

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabelle, I LOVE your t-shirt WIP !! So appropriate and funny to see it in another context ;-) And especially, CONGRATULATIONS on everything you have made for your baby girl. She sure will be warm in all those lovely clothes. I am sure you are taking good care of the both of you and I am crossing my fingers for a smooth delivery. Take care, Ann.

grandmastatus said...

awww i love the first picture! ♥
And it suddenly struck me that my son was born in the middle of summer- i've been sitting here thinking "why didn't I knit this much for my baby!??"
hahaha

Uta said...

I adore your whole baby wardrobe - he/she will surely be the best dressed baby in all of France! Best wishes for the birth and recovery.

KarenP said...

I love the sweet little bonnet! I actually got more sewing done when my daughter was an infant than when she got a little older, so perhaps you will fit some sewing in this spring.

Sylvie said...

La première photo est adorable ! Ce t-shirt te correspond tout à fait :)

Ces dernières petites choses tricotées sont adorables.

Bisous

Nicki said...

HI Isabelle :) I've been following you but too busy to comment - very sorry xxx But I had to log in today to say how gorgeous all the knits are - I really loved the photo of them all together (thank you!) - and how much I love the first photo of your 'WIP'. Take care of yourself and all the family - not too much longer to go now! Hang on in there :)

Anonymous said...

Vous tricotez plus vite que votre ombre. Tout est ravissant !
Valérie

Robin said...

Wow, you are really getting a lot of knitting done! This will make a cute outfit for your "FO"... :)

Sharon said...

Your T-shirt is just great! Love it and the baby's coming home outfit-so pretty. I envy you on your wonderful ability to make your baby girl her clothing-so nice and will be a wonderful heirloom for her!

Speattle said...

So lovely! You mentioned machine embroidery. What kind of machine do you own? I have a newer Brother machine that has an embroidery component. I use it mostly for sewing, but the few embroidered items I've made are quite nice.

I love your classic color scheme for all the knits. Yours will be a very stylish baby indeed.

Take care now.

Tracy said...

That WIP t-shirt is FANTASTIC, Isabelle...haha... so sweet! And so are those tiny white booties. Love all the knitting loveliness for baby girl. That little bonnet had me in tears again. ;o) Just so adorable--and love that plum color of wool. Will be interested too to see your machine embroidery later. My machine does simple things only, as well as some simple monogramming. But so happy to see all your knitting--you've really taken off with this art! :o) Be taking good care... ((LOVE & HUGS))

Lisbei said...

Bonjour ma chère Isabelle !
Oh la la, quel beau bedon bien rebondi ! Ma fille te dirait sûrement "A gros bedon !" parce que ça commence à causer, chez nous ...
J'adore les petits tricots que tu as fait, et perso, je ne tricote pas, mais ma maman et ma grand-mère croulent sous les commandes de ma part ... les dernières en date : un petit pull sans manche pour le Merlin, et un pour la Damoiselle ... et du coup, ma grand-mère a rajouté une petite robe ... et j'ai commandé aussi un GRR pour la Miss ... vivement que tout ça soit livré !
Tu as bien fait de faire les petits chaussons, c'est vraiment l'idéal pour mettre sur les pyjamas à pieds ... et pour le bonnet emboîtant, j'aime beaucoup aussi, cela fait deux hivers que mes gremlins portent ceux tricotés par ma maman, ils sont pratiques, bien chaud et couvrent bien les oreilles, ce qui n'est malheureusement pas le cas de la plupart des bonnets trouvés dans le commerce ...
Bon, j'arrête mon roman en vous faisant à tous les 2 et 3/4 un énorme bisou ! Et une caresse à la belle Mignonne, bien sûr !

melissa said...

omg that WIP shirt made me actually LOL! :) And I loooove that purple jumpsuit, it just looks so warm and cosy. Does it come in adult sizes, too? :)

Tiddy and Charlie. said...

Your 'bump' is coming along nicely :o) You've made some beautiful things. Lucky baby! c x

margaretk said...

Beautiful knits! She will be a very well dressed baby! Good luck with everything, and I wil be looking forward to hearing about everything when you come back from your podcast maternity leave!

Kyle said...

Isabelle, such great knits for your baby, and I also adore the WIP t-shirt--much better than those "bun in the oven" shirts!
I also like reading the comments in French, to see how much French I remember! Bon chance!

Karoline said...

Such a cute outfit, congratulations

June said...

Hope you have a safe, easy delivery! I'll be thinking of you. Good luck! I also love your t-shirt, how cute.

Sike said...

just stumbled across your gorgeous blog, the baby stuff u made is divine! great job girl!

in my parts (Cyprus) we say "happy welcoming of the baby" - i think the meaning is pretty obvious :P

all the best!

Marie-Noëlle said...

Bonjour Isabelle,
A supposer que tu aies un petit moment de libre Tu fais partie des 7 personnes que j'ai taggée. Bien sûr tu n'es pas obligée de participer. Les questions sont sur mon blog.