Friday, November 25, 2011

A casual top: Jalie 2804, adapted for maternity wear

Hello, hello, friends!
I am truly and completely swamped (and exhausted!) at the moment, and very behind with my blogging - not to mention the podcast. Things should start to calm down in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, this post will be short and sweet - still better than none at all, right?

Here are pictures from a couple of weeks ago...
Jalie 2804, adapted for maternity
This is Jalie 2804 - the Empire Crossover top, which I altered for maternity wear. It is so comfy, and I trust it is long enough to last me to the end of the pregnancy - and beyond, as it is also nursing friendly.

I made this out of 100% cotton jersey. The bust line sits a little high (I underestimated how much fabric I needed up there!), but it is still wearable IMO. If only because it is so cosy to wear! I also like the ruching at the sides.
Jalie 2804 - adapted for maternity wear


Oh, and you bet I wasn't going around with just a top on in November - so here was my whole outfit:
Nov. 13, 2011
With my Un-Iced jacket, which I've been getting so much wear out of; and my Damson shawlette, which I love to bits.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on my coat. When time allows, I'll devote a longer article to maternity alterations, with pictures of how I redrafted the lower bodice for this particular pattern.

Have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

Marie-Noëlle said...

Merci pour les photos. J'adore les champs d'olivier. Mieux vaut tard que jamais je ne t'ai pas encore félicité pour ta grossesse, je lis ton blog régulièrement mais je n'ai pas encore pris le temps de commenter.
Repose toi bien pour être en pleine forme le jour J. Ne t'en fais pas pour nous nous pouvons attendre.

Marie said...

pas évident de trouver des habits qui vont bien et à un tarif accessible avec un gros bidon, tu fais des merveilles!

The Sampler Girl said...

You look fabulous, Isabelle! Lovely jacket and shawlette - beautiful. Just got caught up with your latest podcast yesterday and lovely to hear updates from you but yes, please only make those podcasts when you can - you're busy!! :)

Have a lovely rest of November.
Tanya

Shashi Nayagam said...

Beautiful ensamble of outfits. Take care.

DreaLund said...

The top is beautiful! I love the ruching, too.

Vicki said...

You are looking so well. And cosy in that outfit.

Margaret said...

Love, love, love the Jalie top and the cardigan with shawlette! So stylish and still warm looking.

KarenP said...

Great outfit! You will get so much use out of that top.

Mimi Jackson said...

Apparently, it has been quite some time since my last visit to your blog! Congrats on the Little Cutie growing inside your belly! What a life-changing experience a new baby is... and a joyous one! All the best to you!

Karoline said...

Lovely top, congratulations

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Fabulous outfit, especially love it with the slouchy sweater. And the collar of the scarf is perfect!