Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Humble but Necessary: Maternity Pillow Cover

Not all sewing projects can be as exciting as making a new dress; yet I imagine I'll be getting a lot of use out of my latest FO.
Maternity & Nursing Pillow Cover
Those of you who follow the podcast may remember I mentioned finding a French family company that made maternity and nursing pillows stuffed with 100% natural cork micro-balls, which I find more eco-friendly and healthy than polystyrene; and one of my plans for maternity sewing was to make my own cover for it.

I wasn't sold on the fabric when I first bought it, but I have to say it really looks good on the bed - Seb and I have always had a thing for blue, and most of our linen is blue.

Here's a view of the back, with the zipper - and a cat that somehow found her way into the pictures:
Maternity & Nursing Pillow Cover

As you can see, this pillow proved extremely popular the minute I put it on the bed. Within 30 seconds of discovering the pillow, P'tite Mignonne had worked out perfectly how well suited it is to support your back:
Maternity & Nursing Pillow Cover
I was thinking only the other day that I hadn't shared kitty pictures in a while. I certainly wouldn't have you think that P'tite Mignonne was neglected these days - it really has been quite the opposite.
Maternity & Nursing Pillow Cover - Kitty Approved

14 comments:

KarenV said...

I think it has the PM seal of approval! ;) Pretty fabric choice :)

Maxine said...

It looks like you might be having to make another of those for your furry baby too! She looks very comfy indeed! Glad you liked the fabric in the end.

countrygirlcouture said...

These types of pillows are oh-so-comfy, sometimes I still use mine when hubby is gone overnight. Cute kitty pictures. :-)

Jali said...

When the kitty approves, you know its something really good:). Lovely to see P'tite Mignonne as gorgeous and comfortable as ever.

Rebecca said...

that is hillarious with ptite mignonne all curling up
cant wait to see how she loves on baby

mpcocotte said...

Tu fais bien de prévoir, il va etre ton meilleur ami pendant les mois à venir. Bises

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is a canny cat and knows whats good for the goose is good for the gander too lol!

KarenP said...

I love the pictures of P'tite Mignonne stretched out along the pillow. Both of you will get a lot of use out of it!

marysews said...

How nice of Miss Kitty to allow you to take pictures on her bed ...!

Jennifer said...

I was wondering how P'tite Mignonne was dealing with the fact that there will be a new little person around soon. She seems to have adjusted quite well and doesn't look at all stressed!

Mary Beth said...

Some of our most important sewing is pedestrian, isn't it? So excited for you and your family!

Tracy said...

Oh, Miss Cutie! So glad to see you... and thank you for sharing the comfort features of this pillow! ;o) The pillow looks wonderful, Isabelle. But how long is that zipper? It looks tremendously looong... LOL... But what a great, different, interesting project for you, and not least very useful soon. :o)I hope to catch up on your latest podcast this weekend, where there's more time to tune in. Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Summerset said...

Looks great, and that lovely kitty of yours is so very smart. You will definitely get use of that pillow now and after the baby arrives.

Lisbei said...

Hello ma chère Isabelle !
Si ça se trouve, c'est elle qui va le monopoliser, ton coussin d'allaitement ! Moi, je ne me suis jamais beaucoup servi du mien ... pour dormir pendant la grossesse, cela ne me soulageait pas, et pour allaiter, je n'étais pas à l'aise, je préférais bien me caler dans mon fauteuil et me débrouiller sans ... Mais après, je l'ai prêté à ma soeur pour sa petite dernière, et il a bien servi !
Gros bisous !