Saturday, August 27, 2011

Some catching up to do - the Damson Shawlette

Well, well, I have quite a bit of catching up to do. This summer ended up being so busy, and I just needed to take some time off the Internet and computer in August.
Those of you listening to the podcast already know we spent 10 days in England. I may be posting a few pictures.

Still, it means my latest projects have gone unreviewed on my blog, despite being mentioned on the podcast.
I've decided to just dump them all in a few short posts, with the relevant information, so that I can go back to posting about my next and current projects as they are actually being completed, not weeks or months later!

First up today is the Damson shawlette.
Damson

DETAILS:
Design: Damson, by Ysolda Teague, from her Whimsical Little Knits 2 booklet.
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock, which I used for the first time, and is now definitely on my top 5 list of yarns to knit with - and to wear. The shade is Abril. I used a whole skein (400 meters = 440 yards). This yarn turned out so light, drapey and silky after blocking.
Needles used: 4mm (US 6)
Project's ravelry page.

Damson
This yarn was my treat at the end of the students' semester (which by no means signifies the end of my semester, contrary to what they think! But still - it meant no more papers to grade for 2 months at least!).
As with any real treat, I wanted to use it straight away.
I wanted a simple design to show the yarn’s variegation - but not overly simplistic, so as not to get bored wit it. Damson turned out to be just the right project.
I knit this between June 18 and July 3.

Damson
This has been around my neck a lot in August - as we stayed in chilly Northern France and then England, travelling in air-conditioned trains, etc. It's really soft, and already quite a favourite of mine. I don't wear it as shown in the pictures, but the other way around (with the "point" of the shawl" to the front rather than the back), scrunched around my neck. So it's just as much a shawl in shape as a useful accessory in everyday wear.

Back soon with more knitting FOs, and my autumn wardrobe plans!

7 comments:

kat said...

il est bien joli ! Je n'ai toujours pas réussi à avoir le livre, toujours indisponible sur Book Depositery :-(

Anonymous said...

Oooh, gorgeous. Shades of purple are my favorite! Your knitting skills are amazing. Even with my dad's hi-speed Internet, the computer will not allow me to view your pod-casts. I'll get my brother to help me on his lap-top. I so do want to view them all before I return to Ohio next week.
Jennifer

Robin said...

Your Damson turned out beautifully! I love those colors - delicious. :)

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! Love the color.

karine said...

Bravo, il est magnifique

Amanda S. said...

Very pretty!

Karoline said...

Damson is gorgeous, I love the yarn colour