Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fluffy Fibers: Episode 04 - Pre-Holiday Chatter

Podcasting today from the cool, quiet greenness of Northern France. :)

You can download the episode (42:45) here, or listen directly from the embedded player below (if it works on your browser).
Here is the direct feed for the podcast, and you can also find the podcast on iTunes.


Podcast Powered By Podbean

~Episode 04 Shownotes~
Intro; 1. Projects; 2. Listener's Question; 3. On my Bookshelves; 4. Something Natural, Something Seasonal

Intro:
- Fluffy Fibers group on Ravelry.
- My personal map of France :)

- Rebecca, spinning enabler :)

1.a. Sewing Projects (7:23)
- Sew Serendipity Studio Designs by Kay Whitt - The Monique Dress
- Pink Chalk Fabrics

1.b. Knitting projects (9:34)
- Finished projects: I blocked and took pictures of the Miette cardigan, the Mothed pullover, and the Damson shawlette.
- Malabrigo Sock Yarn in Abril
- Madelinetosh Tosh Light
- Current project: Leaflet, in Rowan Belle Organic, in Zinc.
11-07-08 Leaflet WIP
(Current WIP is significantly more advanced than this picture shows).
- The Cedar Leaf Shawlette I made for my older sister.
- Just cast on: Abstract Leaves Cowl, by Deb Mulder; in Lang Yarns Lyon (80% silk -20% linen)
Lang Yarns - Lyon
- Next up: Snapdragon Tam, by Ysolda Teague, and Fetching, by Cheryl Niamath.

2. Listener's Question (23:38): Imperial vs. Metric Measurements

3. On my bookshelves (29:22)
I mention Howards End, by E.M Forster, published 1910; and the adaptation by Merchant and Ivory (1992).

4. Something natural, something seasonal (37:53)
A green tip compliments of my friend Tini (her ravelry profile).

Credits: Music: Piano Sonata in E-flat Major, mvt. 3 by Joseph Haydn, played by Mario Ajero.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, Isabelle! I just love your podcasts... and you have the best voice, I could listen to you all day! Happy to catch up on your latest doing while working this afternoon. You knitting output puts me to shame, and I'm been knitting a long time. I just don't as much lately. I love the projects you choose, and color of yarn as well--after my own heart. Derbyshire! Oh, how wonderful! And spinning on your holiday too... Seb is a keeper. ;o) How sweet of him. Howards End is one of my very favorite books & films too. I have lost count of how many times I've read and seen each! We don't have a dryer either. I use a drying rack, always have. I grew up with a dryer, but don't miss it at all. Enjoy your holiday--savor each day in England! *swoon*... Happy Days ((HUGS))

Robin said...

Don't feel bad about not knitting for your sister, one of my sisters is the very same way! Knitting time and money are limited, so I knit for those who appreciate it. :)

ninidee said...

Just spent a delicious hour on the couch with my morning tea, knitting and listening to the podcast. I so appreciated your discussion about re-reading. I have been "re-reading" all the favorites of my youth by way of audiobooks and it brings back so much besides the story itself, helping to explain the person I became and where some of my ideas of the bigger world started. I am about to listen to The Count of Monte Christo which I read when I was 15 years old. And FYI the metric system in Canada has some patchwork aspects with certain areas (carpentry) in imperial and most everything else in metric or switching back and forth for those of us who are older and were educated in imperial. I'm fairly comfortable in either system but it too a bit of an effort.

Kelly Black said...

Such a wonderful podcast episode and beautiful projects you've shared! Thank you so much for all of the pictures and links you've shared. I know it takes a lot of time to upload all of that information and I really appreciate getting to see all of it! You are so talented!