Tuesday, March 29, 2011

(Almost) done: Un-Iced - a Jacket for early spring

I wanted a warm yet lightweight jacket to wear on those chilly mornings or evenings. In an écru shade, to go with everything.

I settled on a pattern for a cardigan, Iced, from the Knitty website; since I wanted to make a jacket/coat, I chose a thicker yarn and needles to get a sturdier fabric; and I made it longer. This means I added a few increase rows over the hips, and of course adapted the pattern to my larger gauge.
I'm really happy with this - it is exactly as I envisioned it. I've been wearing it all the time.
I was hesitant about buttons, and have been using a shawl pin to close the jacket; but I do feel buttons will be more practical, so I'll add a couple soon.
The (K)nitty Gritty:
The yarn is super soft and cosy, making it a favourite of P'tite Mignonne's. At one point she just sat on the project and plainly refused to let me pick it up and knit it. Though she doesn't look it, especially not in the above picture, she is able to throw quite the tantrum.

~*~
I have lots of projects for spring! I guess I should write a post on its own just to list and organize my ideas. :)

14 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty cardigan, warm and cozy for those chilly days.

Jali said...

Warm and cozy and lovely. What a sweet picture of P'tite Mignonne too.

Tracy said...

VERY nice, Isabelle! I recall that pattern and was curious about it. I admire how you got for it and change a pattern and make it work! And kitties are always the best photo props, aren't they? ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Summerset said...

Oh, that looks so warm and cozy. It is just right for the cool mornings and evenings. If your pretty kitty loves it, it must be very wonderful.

Rebecca said...

and it looks even bette in person
glad you're getting some wear out of it before it gets too warm
i cant believe how big petite mignonne is! she's so pretty!

pretty ´n pink said...

oh my!!!!! Your jacket is awesome!!! I love it!!

Beautiful work!

Liebe Grüße
von Anja

Marie said...

encore un superbe ouvrage!

Shashi Nayagam said...

It looks lovely are cosy. I can see that P'tite Mignonne loves it too.

coonieandplume said...

C'est vraiment un joli modèle et le choix de ta laine est très judicieux ;)
Gros bisous

a little sewing said...

Very pretty knitting and nice to see P'tite Mignonne appreciates it.
I miss your sewing, but I understand I can't always get what I want :)

Karoline said...

It's lovely, congratulations

mavalca said...

Coucou!!
Ta veste est très belle, tout comme tes autres ouvrages au tricot (et au crochet, à la couture... que de talents!!)
Je suis en train de me faire un pull (qui monte bien vite, c'est agréable!) avec de la laine trouvée ici: http://www.filatureduvalgaudemar.com/vmchk/Laine-%C3%A0-tricoter.html. Je ne sais pas si tu connais, mais ils ont de superbes matières!

J'ai aussi vu que tu avais tricoté de la Malabrigo, comment l'as tu trouvée? C'est une fabrique qui me tente depuis un bon bout de temps, mais je suis freinée par le prix! (aïe!)
Je t'embrasse bien fort, à bientôt!
Marie

Lisbei said...

Hello my dear Isa !
I like your new jacket very much !
Have a nice day, with such sun, I feel like in summer !

Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me what your new gauge is? Thanks! Your jacket is really stunning.