Thursday, April 08, 2010

Oops! I didn't mean to post and run...

Really, I didn't. It's just that I went up to my family for Easter, and fitting the weekend into my schedule caused the week to be extra busy. The pictures of the skirt were actually taken over a week ago - I wore it literally a few hours after it was done, and had the opportunity to be photographed in a park after I came home from work, just before the sun set. Hence the wrinkles, but hey, that's what real life is made of.
Nothing much to say about the pattern, really. Simplicity 2655 is a variation on a six-gored yoked skirt, in two different lengths and with optional flounces, pockets and ties. The back and front panels are identical - only the yoke varies slightly from front to back. I made view C, the knee-length version with a flounce, but omitted the tie at the waist. I cut the skirt in a size 8 all around but had to take in the back to my usual size 6. It's still a bit big at the waist,  probably due to the fact that the fabric has a very slight stretch; but I'm not unpicking the yoke facing and understiching (and invisible zipper) to take it in again.
The fabric is a lovely light brown cotton with a hint of dusty  rose to it.  Perfect weight for a skirt, but it does take a wrinkle a bit more easily than I'd like. ;)

The setting is a small public garden. It was fortunate I had the opportunity of taking pictures then, as it's been grey skies and icy wind ever since. Ironically, I was in Northern France for Easter and it was (and is still) milder up there than down here, which occasioned great mirth among my siblings :) 

16 comments:

KarenV said...

Gorgeous, Isabelle, both the skirt and the setting for the photos :) Love your little helper in the previous post, she's so cute! :)

Su said...

The skirt looks really cute & fun , and the park seems very pretty!

Amanda S. said...

Very pretty! Nice park setting as well.

Lori said...

Very pretty skirt and wonderful park.

Shashi Nayagam said...

The skirt looks perfect and I have come to expect perfect fits from you on everything you make.You are so very talented.

Faye Lewis said...

That's a pretty skirt. Classy and classic.

mainely stitching said...

You look lovely, Isabelle.

Back when I wore skirts, I really loved the yoke style like this because it had such nice 'swish' when I walked. :D

Vicki said...

Such pretty pictures! And very nice skirt.

mermaids said...

great skirt! fun and flirty.

gwensews said...

Ditto above comments. Great skirt. You live in a beautiful area. That must make for a terrific life.

Everlasting said...

Bonjour, Elle est superbe cette jupe! Je prends en note le numéro car j'étais justement à la recherche d'un patron dans ce style...à suivre.
Les photos sont parfaites.

Karoline said...

The skirt is lovely, congratulations

pinky said...

hey mais c'est à côté de mon ancien lycée !!! je vois très bien où c'est :)
on traversait ce jardin pour aller boire un coup entre amis ou au ciné (juste après les DS du mercredi en prépa... que de souvenirs !!)

Ta jupe a l'air très agréable à porter, très fluide.

Il parait que le beau temps et la chaleur s'abattent sur Montpellier, enfin la fin de l'hiver et le début du renouveau :) youhou

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very very nice skirt and beautiful park setting.

Lisbei said...

Hello ma chère amie !
J'aime beaucoup ta jupe avec son petit volant tout discret ! Et oui, tu fais bien de profiter du beau temps quand il est là, le printemps n'est vraiment pas pressé de s'installer dans le sud !
Je t'embrasse bien fort !

Anonymous said...

très belle réalisation, bravo!

tu es très jolie sur ces photos!

bon dimanche

biiizz

Doris