Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bolero in progress

(Excuse the absence of make-up, blah blah blah. I didn't take this with the intent to post it here just for personal reference, but then thought that this blog would probably be updated more often if I posted in-progress pictures.)

Actually, I think this is more or less done. I took the pictures to figure out whether the length was OK. I just need to block it and weave in the ends.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I spent mine singing at day-long rehearsals. Quite lovely, but exhausting, and my own work doesn't get done in the meantime. I'm in for a crazy week - and more rehearsals, almost every evening. That's what I get for agreeing to participate in 2 different concerts! I've been dreaming about Handel's vocalises every single night for the past week.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the previous post. Yes, I live in a lovely town. This has certainly made leaving Paris and being 1,000 miles away from half of my family much less hard than it could have been. :)

Off to bed (hopefully with not too many musical dreams). Have a good week, everyone!

13 comments:

Victoria said...

Lovely bolero! I love the color and length!!! It's a great pattern. You should definitely make many more:)

Tanya said...

That is really pretty - love the yarn color!!

Tanya

Gorgeous Things said...

Oh how pretty! My sister knits beautiful things, but I never learned.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Lovely...Gorgeous colors!

Jennifer said...

This is lovely. What yarn are you using?

Tracy said...

It is sooo PRETTY, Isabelle...love the colors! :o) Ah, Handel...marvelous! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Lisbei said...

Hello ma chère Isabelle !
Ce boléro est très joli, la couleur te va bien !
Passe une bonne semaine !

pinky said...

Tu n'imagines pas à quel point je jalouse ta dextérité au crochet ;)
ce boléro est sublime

mainely stitching said...

That's so pretty! Just LOVE those colors on you!!

Summerset said...

Lovely - it is good to see that you're able to be a little creative even though your schedule is so busy.

Margaret said...

This is so pretty Isabelle and suits you so well.

Sorry to hear that your schedule is so packed but glad to read that you are making time for your music.

marie said...

Très jolies tes dernières photos!!
J'espère que tout va bien pour toi...
Je te fais de grosses bises et pense bien à toi ma douce Isabelle!!
à bientôt

marysews said...

Please tell what pattern you used. It's lovely!