Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thank you!

Hey, thanks for all your good wishes and general thoughtful words lately. They've been much treasured and appreciated. Merci, to each and everyone of you, for the kindness and good vibes.

I have yet to take pictures of my last two dresses, but the weather has been too moody lately to allow my camera to catch the details well.
Meanwhile, here is my second Calorimetry:
 
The earrings are handmade and come from the shop of my friend Tracy - I'm a big fan of her jewelry :)
The hairstick was handcrafted locally, so the look is pretty much all handmade :)
I made this one bigger as I wanted more of a “mini-scarf” effect, something that would wrap more widely over the head. I therefore used a bulkier yarn, and a larger hook (5.5 mm). As with the first one, I skipped 2 middle rows to keep a snug fit.
I also replaced the button closure with ties this time, using the sc/ch foundation stitch taught in Doris Chan’s patterns.
(I did snip the yarn's ends after taking the pictures, and before going out. Oh dear.)

As I was taking pictures, I was tickled to see the headband matched my nail polish.
This is little wonder, though, as this yarn pretty much encapsulates all my favourite shades - soft blues, grey-blues, green-blues, into one ball. Sigh.

The yarn is Mille Colori by Lang; it is a mix of half wool and half acrylic.
I was treated to four more balls of it this weekend, that will probably become a shrug. The gifter didn't even know I'd just been using the very same colourway - how is that for spot on?

More on crochet, and sewing, later. The weather is supposed to clear up later this week, which should help reconcile my camera with the details of my last finishes. :)

15 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

It turned out beautiful Isabelle. Love the shaded tones of blue yarn.
Hope your weather improves. Here we are still suffering with cold and rain.

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful scarf... love those shades of blue! Fun blue nail polish too. ;o) So glad you are on the mend and feeling better, Isabelle :o) ((HUGS))

Jennifer said...

Very beautiful headscarf! I love the color combination. I have recently discovered Lang yarn, but in the form of "Colour Aktion Sock Yarn". I have bought a brown/tan colorway and an orange/rust(my faves) colorway.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Isabelle, it's beautiful! have fun with all the yarn and with the sewing. Ann.

countrygirlcouture said...

Very pretty! *sigh* Perhaps I should force myself to learn to crochet...

Su said...

It's so pretty! I love the shading, now I wish I could crochet!

Gina E. said...

I'm like Su and countrygirlcouture - I would love to be able to crochet, to make something like this. It is pretty and practical at the same time - not always possible to achieve!
Thank you for your comment on my Peacock block - I am encouraged by every comment I receive!

kat said...

Il est super joli ton bandeau !
Il faut que je photographie le mien maintenant.

zabelle said...

oh it's so nice!!!
have a good sunday

BeckySC said...

Beautiful work, Isabelle :)
Have a lovely week :)

Lisbei said...

Hello my dear friend !
Je repasse au français par pure paresse intellectuelle (et j'entends un gremlin remuer dans la pièce d'à côté, va falloir que je fasse vite).
Ton bandeau est magnifique, j'adore ses couleurs, et quand il est sur la table, on dirait une belle feuille délicatement colorée !
Je t'embrasse, passe une bonne fin de semaine !

mainely stitching said...

This gorgeous headband makes me long for my long-gone long hair!!

Krystal said...

This is cute. I've been playing around with crocheting lately, still trying to get the basic stitches down. I look forward to seeing more of your creations. :-)

D.Styles said...

I Love It!!

pretty ´n pink said...

*B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L*