Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Bonne année !

Hello, and Happy New Year, everyone!

I did want to take a moment and thank you all for being there in 2008 - for being so inspiring, supportive, and simply, there. Here's to a fantastic New Year 2009 for all of you. May you all be happy, healthy, and able to sew or stitch to your heart's content this year. Bonne année !

I am now blogging from the other side of the pond. We - Seb, Miss Cutie and me - are all safely arrived in our adorable flat. A thousand thanks to my father for helping us move, driving us from Paris to Lille, then again from Lille to Paris. The last two weeks of December were pretty horrible! Being sick with a fever didn't help, either - but it's all behind us now.

What else? Well, I just finished a huge chunk of work, and am now allowed to take a break. My first break in two years! As soon as my office/sewing room is furnished and my sewing boxes unpacked, I plan to sew lots. This is the only room that isn't about ready, as we don't have furniture for it yet, and it is driving me a little crazy.
As for the rest - I can't see how 2009 could not be better than 2008.

Many thanks to all of you who sent Christmas cards... I haven't so much as opened them yet - and they're in one of the yet unopened boxes that go into my office/sewing room... Yet just receiving them and seeing your names on the envelopes, made me smile through the move. Merci !
Thank you also to Shashi and Doris, who sent packages... I was already away, but they're safe, and I'll get to open them eventually. Thank you so much!
I shall be sending cards the French way this year - during the month of January, for New Year wishes. :)

P'tite Mignonne AKA Miss Cutie felt at home the second she came out of her box. It was so... strange! She has been such a trooper all along. She is now thriving, and super cuddly as always.

Thank goodness the regulations about bringing pets to the UK have relaxed somewhat... although, we have been busy getting her ready for almost a year! Nothing could be more worth the effort, though. There is no way I am ever leaving this cat behind. Ever.

Bonne année, tout le monde !

36 comments:

Judith said...

Enjoy your time in the UK

brodstitch said...

Très bonne année à toi et bonne installation à Londres.

Jennifer/OH said...

Happy Hew Year to you!! So glad all of you are settled in your new home. Having a loving pet there with you makes it all the more like a real home. I know I can not bear to be seperated from my animals. Can't wait to see all of the new stitching.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

So glad you are safely installed in London! I can't wait to see what comes out of that sewing room while you're "relaxing."

Little Cat said...

Welcome to the UK Isabelle. How nice that you're in my part of the world for a while. I hope you enjoy your stay :o)

If you're ever up Manchester way, let me know :o)))

Arlene said...

Happy New Year, and congrats on the move. Love the photo!!

Summerset said...

Happy New Year! It's nice to see you and your kitty and to hear that all is well and that the move went smoothly. Enjoy your new flat and sewing time.

shakatak66 said...

Wonderful that you're settling in well ... just think of all those new friends you have on your doorstep :) Look forward to seeing what creations come from your sewing room once you get unpacked and settled ... you must send me your new address!:D

Vicki said...

Happy New Year Isabelle! Sounds like an exciting year is ahead of you.

Karen said...

Happy new year and congratulations on a fairly smooth move to the UK. Glad that you all - and especially Miss Kitty - have settled in.

I still have something to send to you but you've managed to change countries before I got it packed up, so when you get a chance email me your new address and you'll get a welcome present.

floresole said...

So, that's wha missed : you moved to London !
What a great chance !!!
Sans rire ! l'expérence va être absolument géniale... Est-ce que vous savez pour combien de temps vous y êtes ?
Une grosse bise après une longue absence !!!

floresole said...

So, that's what I missed : you moved to London !
What a great chance !!!
Sans rire ! l'expérence va être absolument géniale... Est-ce que vous savez pour combien de temps vous y êtes ?
Une grosse bise après une longue absence !!!

Cennetta said...

Happy New Year! God blessing!
C

Sharon said...

Hi Isabelle, Happy New Year! Wishing you, Seb and Ms. Cutie the best.

xstitch.nl said...

May the three of you have a very Happy New Year in the UK!!

Anonymous said...

bonjour
tous mes meilleurs pour 2009
je suis contente de vous lire de nouveau et de savoir que vousy etes bien dans votre appartement.
j'espere qu'il ne fait pas trop froid en ce moment .
amicalement
michele

ViRginiE said...

Belle et heureuse année à toi Isabelle! Pleine d'amour, de projets, de création et de réussite!
Contente que votre déménagement se soit bien passé!
Biz et à bientôt!

Catherine said...

Très bonne année à toi, Isabelle. Je te souhaite tout plein de bonnes choses pour ta nouvelle vie en Angleterre!

KayB said...

Happy New Year to you, too Isabelle. Good to hear that you're settling in. Have a nice 2009!

Flo said...

Merci ma chère Isabelle pour tes bons voeux.
je te réitère les notres et je suis ravie de voir que ton installaltion à Londres s'est bien passée et que tout va bien, même P'tite Mignonne qui semble ravie.
Je t'embrasse

Tracy said...

Happy New Year, Isabelle! Wishing you, Seb, Miss Cutie and all your family the very best in 2009--much love, joy, peace...And all happiness now in your new London home! ((HUGS))

Karoline said...

Happy new year Isabelle :)

Glad to hear you're all getting settled in and that the move went OK. I look forward to seeing what comes out of your sewing room when you've unpacked.

If you want to explore Yorkshire while you are here you must let me know.

Alexandra said...

Happy New Year!

karenv said...

Happy New Year Isabelle :)

Glad that the move went OK and you're all settling in well. Please let me have your new address when you get chance.

Redwitch said...

Happy New Year!

Hope you all enjoy your time in London :)

I went to Greenwich Uni so spent 3 years there. Konditor and Cook is a lovely cake shop and Liberty, just think of the fabric :)

mainely stitching said...

Very relieved to hear you are all there and well. Sent an email, but was concerned when I didn't hear back. Thank you once again for the lovely T-shirts for Arden. I have no idea how you managed, on top of the zillion other things you had going on. Best wishes in Merry Olde England!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Happy New Year! Nice to hear you are settled into your new home and all went well.

KimP said...

So glad you are across the Channel, safe and sound. And a gorgeous photo of Miss Cutie! I am certain she was worth all the effort.

Lisbei said...

Hello my dear friend !
Can you give me your new adress ... as you, I'm little behind in my wish cards...
Big kisses !

Margaret said...

Wonderful to hear that you have safely arrived in your new home. This is going to be such a wonderful time for you & Seb and of course Miss Cutie.

Happy New Year and ENJOY!!!!

hugs,

stitcherw said...

Glad you're all moved and getting to take a bit of a break, you certainly need one after the hectic time you've been having. Have a wonderful new year,
Sue

fireflydreams said...

Good to hear that you're all safe and well here in the UK Isabelle.

Best wishes for the New Year and I hope you're enjoying your well deserved break.

coonieandplume said...

What an adorable photo! Happy New Year my dear friend. (((hugs)))

Hala said...

glad to hear that you are well settlled in UK..\wish ou all the best..
kisses

brodstitch said...

Alors,commences tu à être bien installée à Londres?

mavalca said...

Oh zut, je lis ce message après avoir posté un com sur la quarantaine...
Tu zapperas ce passage, c'est super d'avoir pu prendre 'Tite Mignonne avec toi, sans délai...
Encore une fois je t'embrasse, et tes zamours avec, bien fort!
A très bientôt!