Monday, October 06, 2008

Vogue 7997 - long-sleeved tee with a twist



No surprises with this one, it wasn't difficult to make and came out exactly as in the pattern's drawing. I might redo the top's hem slightly shorter... This turned out a bit long on my short frame.

Pattern Description: Close-fitting, pullover top has collar off the shoulders with elastic. A: cap sleeves. B: below elbow sleeves. C: long sleeves. All have elastic at sides. I made view B.

Pattern Sizing: 8-14. I cut a size 8 for the front and graded down to a 6 for the back.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, exactly.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yep.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the collar and the shirring.

Fabric Used:
Cotton-lycra knit

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I'll probably sew it again, and I recommend it.

Conclusion:
I need more long-sleeved tops for fall. This one is nice for an extra touch - I won't wear it to work, but it's perfect on evenings and weekends.

The following shows the shirring at the collar and side
That's it for now. I haven't sewn anything over the weekend. Although, I did get some new patterns and fabric... and I received my lovely contest prize from Onion patterns! More on that, later this week. It's been a long day.
Wishing everyone a happy week!

29 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute top!

Erica B. said...

Oh la la! Love that top!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very nice top. It looks great on you:)

Lori said...

Great looking top.

karenv said...

Gorgeous!

cidell said...

Nice top. I love the shirring on the side.

Cennetta said...

Great top. Very flattering.

Vicki W said...

Very flattering!

Hala said...

j'aime bien le col...la couleur c'est noir ou bleu nuit?

pinky said...

Nice top !

Congratulations for the shop Onion contest ! thanks to you I have discovered this web site (I love their name.. so funny..)

LauraLo said...

C'est très joli!

Lisbeï said...

Hello my dear Isabelle !
this top is really pretty (as usual ...).
Have a nice week !

Lisette M said...

Beautiful on you!

Karoline said...

Lovely top Isabelle, congratulations

Summerset said...

Very elegant and chic! Such a great top for you.

-E said...

Hope you don't mind I tagged you on my blog :)

Tany said...

It's beautiful! And I love that color on you!!
(sending you big Hugs and good vibes all the way from Portugal xoxo)

Meg said...

I have that pattern! Thank you for the review! I always wondered how it would turn out if I tried it.

colour by number said...

you look great.

stitcherw said...

Both your recent finishes are so pretty. It must be such fun to be able to sew so well, you can get just the style you want in the color and fabric you want and know that it fits properly.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful YOU ARE GORGEOUS ISABELLE! What a beautiful slender silhouette you have! Ann

brodstitch said...

en retard pour broder,pas en avance pour bloguer,mais de bons moments passés entre brodeuses :o);
la maison s'est vidée et je grapille quelques minutes pour faire le tour de mes ballades favorites,l'aspi attendra bien un peu...
bonne journée à chacune.

Lesalicious said...

Hi came across your blog. Love your shirt great job.:)

KayB said...

What a cutie, Isabelle!

Cafe Couture said...

Isabelle je suis très heureuse d'avoir un abonné fidèle, mon premier. Un vrai honneur! Merci

isabelle said...

trés beau modèle que je réalise aussi pour moi, trés agréable à porter. Bonne soirée. Isabelle

Anonymous said...

Je croise mes doigts pour ta défense qui approche ;-)
Ann

brodstitch said...

un vrai temps de Toussaint,
Une maison bien remplie,
juste deux minutes "volées" pour un petit bonjour :o)

Pamela Erny said...

What a lovely top!

Pam, from ~Off The Cuff Style~