Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A pictureless post (or almost) - avec version française ;)

English version: click here ->
Version française: cliquez ici (et décochez l'autre case) ->


Hi everyone!
First, thank you so much for welcoming me back so warmly into blogland. Coming back here and reading your friendly notes (and checking in on your blogs whenever possible) have been wonderfully comforting. Merci.
Welcome as well to all the new commenters! I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a note - and am always excited to be discovering fellow sewists or stitchers. :)

My new computer still hasn't arrived, and I have just been told that it would be ready later than expected - not until the end of the month. That is tough - and it is incredibly frustrating not to be able to browse blogs and answers emails easily, at the very time when I thought I'd finally catch up on all this. Ah well. Again, though, the timing could be much worse, so I'm trying to focus on the silver lining.

I have two finished projects to show you this week: NewLook 6660 (mentioned in the previous post), and Vogue 7997.
Both are black, though, and I've been coming home from work too late (well, let's say the days are just becoming too short!) to take decent pictures - artificial lighting or flash just won't show the details properly. I'll be home most of tomorrow, so hopefully shall be able to take better pictures.

Next up is Vogue 8280... The wonderful Roland Mouret Galaxy Dress knockoff. The pattern was a gift from dear Tany.
I am planning this (the long-sleeved version, view F) as the dress for my viva in early November (vivas being a pretty formal and scary affair over here)... What do you friends think?
After much searching, I finally found my perfect fabric yesterday: a midnight blue cotton broadcloth with a twill weave. Now, I thought broadcloth and twill were actually different weaves, but anyway - this was exactly the texture and body I was after. Maybe some of you may enlighten me on this mystery?

In closing, a glimpse at tonight's failed photo session (the colours are awful):

Someone was wanting a cuddle very badly.

Bonjour tout le monde !
Je voulais m'assurer que vous sachiez tou(te)s que je n'ai pas d'ordinateur en ce moment. Ca fait maintenant plus de deux semaines que mon ordinateur a claqué (à mon retour d'Angleterre), et le nouveau ne devrait pas arriver avant la fin du mois. J'ai perdu une bonne quantité de mails dans la bataille.
J'essaie de faire de mon mieux pour lire les blogs et répondre aux mails (envoyés après cette galère) mais je n'ai pas toujours accès à Internet, aussi merci de comprendre ce retard indépendant de ma volonté !

J'ai terminé deux projets cette semaine : Newlook 6660 :

(allez-y, riez, il est pour juniors ! Des fois ça sert d'être toute petite...)
Et Vogue 7997 :

mais mes hauts sont noirs tous les deux et il faut que j'attende de pouvoir prendre des photos en plein jour, car celles avec flash et/ou éclairage artificiel ne rendent pas du tout les détails des vêtements.
Mon projet suivant est le patron Vogue 8280, créé à partir de la célèbre robe Galaxy de Roland Mouret :

Je vais faire la version F (manches longues) dans une popeline à armure sergée (je croyais que c'était contradictoire moi, mais apparemment non ?!), de couleur bleu nuit.

Pour conclure, un aperçu de la séance photo ratée de ce soir (les couleurs sont affreuses) :

Quelqu'un avait besoin d'un gros câlin...
A très bientôt, j'espère !

7 comments:

mermaids said...

that dress will look fabulous on you!

Lori said...

That will be a fantastic dress for you. Can't wait to see it.

Karen said...

That dress is on my to-do list as well. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Such a sweet kitty. I love seeing her get her cuddle, whether or not the photo was what you'd originally intended.

verobirdie said...

La robe va être fantastique! Hum, j'adore le modèle, très chic.
Une grosse caresse au chat. C'est marrant comme avec la chute des températures, ils deviennent plus pot de colle encore... les miens au moins.
Bonne chance pour le PC

Cathy said...

So sorry to hear about your computer woes. The Vogue dress will be gorgeous on you!

Tany said...

I cant' wait to see your version of the dress! Many hugs to you my friend!

Ms. Miche said...

Hello,
I combed eBay for weeks to get the Galaxy dress pattern in the 4-6-8. I finally found one at the beginning of this year and bought it with the intention of wearing it to my upgrade seminar. I adore wiggle dresses and collect 1940s and 1950s patterns of them. Your intention to wear the Galaxy dress to your viva makes me smile.

I am amused by the fact that the Galaxy dress made such a splash. In my very biased opinion, it is gorgeous. However, vintage wiggle designs are superior. I like the fact that the Galaxy dress can go from elegantly casual to formal.

I am sorry about rambling on and on. I simply cannot imagine my wardrobe without my vintage wiggles :)