Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sewing Binge / Orgie de couture


English version: click here ->
Version française: cliquez ici (et décochez l'autre case) ->

Hi friends!
I'm still here! Just not much online :)

I took a good nice break last weekend, and went to the countryside - this time packing neither laptop nor work, but fun reading, patterns and fabrics. My sister, BIL and their son were there, too, so I had a grand time with adorable Robin, who's becoming quite the talkative little boy!
Here are a few pictures of my favourite little guy:
Ladybug

Gardening with his grandma

Happy!

I sewed some, too... OK, to be honest, this was quite the sewing binge.
Here's what I did:
- finished Butterick 6582, which finally turned out exactly as I pictured it, albeit after many alterations. I wanted this dress to be special, as both the pattern and fabric were precious gifts, so I spent several weeks (more than a month) working on it.

- made a pastel blue, short-sleeved version of the Vogue bolero top (2980, used before)
- made a cyclamen draped top, New Look 6470
- made a sleeveless, criss-crossed version of the dress from Simplicity 3775 (already made with long sleeves and a scooped neckline). It is not perfect (serger SNAFU), but still wearable.
- am almost done with a dress from New Look 6774, which I am making in an eyelet khaki cotton with an eyelet border.

Can you tell I'd been missing my sewing?


The thing of course will be finding some time to take pictures of all these, as I am now back in the writing groove! Let's take it one step at a time, shall we?

I'll try and catch up on your blogs and newest creations ASAP. Happy sewing to you all!


Bonjour à tous !
Je suis toujours là ! Mais pas beaucoup sur les blogs ;)

J'ai pris une pause nécessaire dans mon travail le week-end dernier, et je suis allée à la campagne, équipée de lectures détendantes, patrons et tissus. P'tit Robin était là aussi, alors je me suis bien amusée. Il parle de plus en plus ! Quel p'tit bonhomme adorable.
Voici quelques photos de mon petit garçon préféré :
Coccinelle

Jardinage avec ma Maman

Coucou !
J'ai cousu, aussi... Bon, pour être honnête, ce fut une véritable orgie de couture ! Ca faisait si longtemps !

- j'ai fini la robe Butterick 6582, qui a fini par devenir la robe dont je rêvais (après de nombreuses modifications du patron de base). Je voulais que cette robe soit très réussie, car le patron et les tissus me sont précieux.

- J'ai fait un petit haut boléro bleu pastel (Vogue 2980, déjà utilisé)

- J'ai fait un haut drapé cyclamen, à partir de New Look 6470

- j'ai fait une version sans manches et cache-coeur de la robe Simplicity 3775 (déjà faite en manches longues et encolure ronde), dans un jersey noir à petits pois blancs. Elle n'est pas parfaite (j'ai fait une bêtise au moment de surjetter), mais portable.

- j'ai presque terminé une robe New Look 6774, dans un coton khaki à bordure en dentelle anglaise.

Vous croyez que la couture m'a manquée dernièrement ?

Maintenant, le problème va être de trouver du temps pour faire des photos de tout ça... car je me suis réattelée à mon travail avec ferveur. On va prendre les choses l'une après l'autre, d'accord ?

Bonne couture et/ou broderie à vous !

27 comments:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

Piú giú, in fondo alla Tuscolana...!?...passavo per un saluto!

cidell said...

I may have to have a t-shirt made that says Orgie de Couture. Seriously. That's about the best phrase!

karenv said...

Gosh, you've been busy! Love the photos of Robin, he looks a happy little chap :)

Carol said...

Aw, Robin is soooo cute- he is really growing now!

Wendy said...

Robin looks so adorable. I bet your Mum loves her new gardening helper! I can't believe how big he has grown and into such a little boy now.

And WOW - awesome sewing designs you have been working on. Can't wait to see you in these!!

ViRginiE said...

Il est à croquer ton neveu!
J'ai hâte de voir le résultat de ton orgie de couture!!!

Juanita said...

You really were on a binge! Can't wait to see the photos. I'm particularly anxious to see the NL 6774 dress, because I just bought this pattern myself a couple of weeks ago.

melissa said...

my gosh, you HAVE been busy!! I'm eagerly awaiting all your photo shoots... :)

Karoline said...

Looking forward to seeing the results of all that sewing :) Glad to hear the revisions are going well.

Love the photo's of Robin, he's a gorgeous little boy.

Sharon said...

Glad everything is going so well! Looking forward to seeing your sewing and darling Robin has gotten so big!

Lindsay T said...

Robin est un petit garçon adorable!

Barbara said...

If I didn't have the cutest kids in the world, I would have to say that your nephew is the cutest kid I've ever seen.

Congratulations on your dissertation progress!!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

So glad you got the chance to relax, enjoy your nephew, and sew! I am looking forward to seeing your adorable self in all your clothes.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Robin is so adorable. He is indeed growing up fast. Glad to know you had a relaxing time with the family.
Also so happy that your thesis is almost done. Take care my dear and I look forward to seeing your lovely creations.

cathymk said...

Wow Isabelle, you have been stitching up a storm!

Robin is adorable and such a good helper in the garden too!

Summerset said...

That's Robin?!? He's really grown into quite the little man! How cute.

Yes, you have sewn up a storm. I'm sure you feel much better now that the writing part of the thesis is over and the editing seems to be going well. Congratulations on all your hard work.

Lisbeï said...

Bonjour ma chère Isabelle !
Merci pour tes petits mots, je suis toute contente car je viens juste de recevoir les premières photos des bébés (pour l'instant, nous ne pouvons pas aller les voir quand ils sont dans une unité Kangourou où seuls les grands-parents sont admis en tant que visiteurs). Ils sont adorables, et mon frère est tellement heureux et fier !
Le petit Robin a bien grandi, on dirait un petit pâtre avec ses boucles blondes !
J'ai hâte de voir les photos de tous ces travaux de couture.
Je t'embrasse bien bien fort !

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did loads! Congratulations Isabelle! Ann

Vicki said...

yes, you have been busy! Looking forward to seeing them And your nephew is so cute :)

Tracy said...

Robin is a sweetheart! I could kiss his big apple-cheeks! So glad you had a very good, fun and relaxing weekend--just the thing. But I'm amazed by all the sewing you've been doing--can't wait to see everything! And such great news about the disseration--home stretch! Happy weekend, my friend ((BIG HUGS)) Oh, thank you so much for your lovely, supportive comment at my blog :o)

coonieandplume said...

Comme Robin a grandi ! Et il est si mignon, un vrai petit ange :)

J'ai hâte de voir les photos de ton orgie de couture :)

Il faut absolument que je réponde à ton mail avant que je parte en Irlande !

Je te fais de gros gros bisous.

Jennifer/OH said...

Oh so many beautiful new things. What a sewing extravaganza!!
Robin is very cute. This country house, is this your family home or a holiday home? It looks so lovely from just the view of the garden.
Recently read a review of a new book of drawings and stories called "The Catwalk Cats". I will try to find a link for you. The opening of the review reads: "In 'The Catwalk Cats', Grace Coddington and Didier Malige take three Chartreux, a red tabby and a Persian on a wild ride through the fashion world."
Sounds like something you would enjoy reading.

Cindy said...

I am looking forward to seeing your version of S3775 as I'm considering that particular style for a really nice knit I have. Congratulations on your progress with your thesis! You sure have been busy.

Isabelle said...

Hi Cindy, you can see my first review here :) My second version will be but a paltry rendering, I'm afraid ;)

Tany said...

Ma belle, YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY! I'm so happy that you were able to take a break and do the things you love! Robin is looking great; he's a wonderful child, so good looking! (this reminds me to tell you: in spite of all my family's troubles and misfortune, something really special happened: my sister is finally pregnant! Due to the condition of her DH, she had to be artificially inseminated! I'm going to be an aunt too, YAY!!! (((HUGS and kisses)))

lena-lou said...

Robin looks so adorable :-)) I loved looking at all of your creations, you have done so well. I must say your Black Amethyst Coat is stunning, stunning, stunning, you can pass it on to me when you are fed up of it ;-)) Are the instructions for it in French or English in the Burda?

Take care and enjoy all that you are up too, I do not seem to have much blog time at all lately but I am having good fun :-))

((hugs))

Jenna said...

Thank you for sharing the photos of Robin. He is just such a handsome little boy! I can't get over his cuteness. :) I'm so glad that you were able to give yourself a real break and do some sewing.