Vicki tagged me to list five blog entries that inspired me last week. What an honour! I'm not usually good at "memes" - listing personal things and favourites off the top of my head is just not my thing; but that one is different, and suits me very well. It's so easy to think of 5 blog entries that inspired me - the only difficulty is stopping at five. Thanks, Vicki!
Here is my top 5 pick from last week's blogging goodness (but there were so many more...):
- Summerset's blog is a daily inspiration, but last week I kept coming back to that particular entry. It also helped me with my Vogue 2902 dress, as there is a similar waist stay.
- Vicki's blog itself comes topmost in my list of inspiring blogs. Last week, I particularly delighted in this entry where she talked about her craft books collection, and what joy they are for her (they're a joy for me, too!). Vicki also shared an exquisite tea-themed quilt at the end of this entry.
- Gigi at the Sewing Divas came up with a superb tutorial on how to add bra cups to a halter dress. I'll definitely be using that technique soon, it's a great answer to the bra strap problems of those halter/strapless dresses, which is why I've never sewn (or worn) any. Thanks, Gigi!
- Karen's Shepherd's Bush bellpull and her whole bellpull wall were probably my favourite stitchy eye candy of the week.
- One of the joys of Etsy is discovering new blogs. Last week, I found the lovely, fresh Norththreads blog.
I would love to think of 5 people to tag, but I have a train to catch! I hope some of you take up the challenge and share what inspired you last week. :)
Have a great week, everyone! I'll be back in a few days.