Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lilac nightie


This was my sewing project last Sunday - a lilac satin nightie, trimmed with antique lace, and hemmed with a white satin stitch.

Sorry I'm not showing it in 3D, but I obviously won't pose in it, and it is too small for the dressform.

Miss Cutie likes it too:


The pattern is New Look 6643, but I made the nightie much shorter (partly because I didn't have that much fabric, partly because it was cuter that way); I made several adjustments to the back, as usual. Used a size 10 for the front, a size 8 for the back, but ended up taking 1.5 cm off each side. Ah, I've never had a nightie fit so well. They're usually too loose in the back, and the straps keep falling off.

~*~
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the red dress! Your response is so motivating. Thank you. :)
I can't wait to get back to working on it; but I need to re-furnish the boutique first, and I just filled a couple of custom orders for two very sweet ladies. Custom orders are very fulfilling :)
The boutique is out of kitty pillows, but I plan on going with different themes now, unless anyone would want another kitty pillow (I still have a little of that fabric left).

Hope everyone is having a good week!

30 comments:

Summerset said...

Isn't it nice to make something that fits properly?

Your last photo is amusing - Violette is on the light violet colored nightie!

Isabelle said...

You are so right, Summerset! It went together quickly, too.
I hadn't thought of that - Violette sur la nuisette violette, as we'd say in French! :)

Barbara said...

It's gorgeous! Wow. You must feel like a true princess in it. :)

xstitch.nl said...

Oooh la la...!!

Vonna said...

Well since Harmien stole my Ooo LA LA...I'll just say WOWZERS! I bet he DID like it *blush*

Jamie said...

*whistles* I'm sure your DH loves this project!

Tany said...

Beautiful (la nuisette et Viollete)!

AnneS said...

Ooh, that's pretty! And I especially love the kitty attachment ;) BTW, I just realised I hadn't said anything about your redwork exchange for Cathy ... just wanted to say it's awesome!!! :D (I'm sneaking in a couple of comments on blogs while Mum's yapping on the phone LOL)

stitcherw said...

It is so nice to have something that fits right and is in a color and material that you want. So many times the three never come together with store bought clothing. Your nightie turned out lovely.
Sue

Carla said...

beautiful night gown!!! Well done

BeckySC said...

LOVELY my friend :)
((hugs))

KarenV said...

Beautiful Isabelle! Lucky Seb ;)

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty! Ann.

lena-lou said...

Pretty nightdress, you have made it lovely :-)

ollie1976 said...

very nice...and kitty approved!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! And the red dress is wonderful too. Glad you've been able to get back to your sewing. Thank you so much for the comment - I do forget that we don't all have the same time to stitch, nor do we stitch at the same pace. I needed to be reminded of that. Thank you!

Carol said...

Love it, as clearly Seb does too! LOL

Margaret said...

Very pretty Isabelle!!

Cathy said...

I have the same problem with lingerie and nightgowns. I always have to buy ones that have the adjustable straps. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm short and have a small bust. This is lovely.

Jenna said...

Beautiful nightie, Isabelle! It is indeed heavenly to have something custom made that fits your body exactly right. Enjoy! :)

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is very pretty and such a beautiful delicate colour no wonder Voilette is in love with it too!

Lisa said...

What a pretty nightie. Thanks for your sweet comments. I don't seem to get around the blogs like I used to so I thought I'd take a moment to pop over here. :) I'm sure Seb is very pleased with your sewing job. hehe Obviously Violette is. lol

Tessa said...

Very pretty & so clever. I am amazed that you said it came together so quickly. Will we see a range of Isabelle lingerie soon?

Sew-in-Love said...

Looks like fun, Isabelle!=) Hope your kitty didn't spoil your nightie.=)

Wendy said...

Its gorgeous! You will obviously have to make yourself a couple more of these. I'm sure Seb will accommodate in buying more fabric for you!

Sharon said...

Just lovely Isabelle!

Karin said...

It's a very cute nightgown - I love the fabric you used.

Lizzy said...

Oh, what a lovely nightie, Isabelle! I love those styles of nighties and I love the fabby as well! You kitty is adorable and must want one for herself! lol

Thanks for visiting my blog... your lovely comments are an inspiration!

Stephanie said...

I love it Iz! Its soooooo pretty!

Gina E. said...

The lingerie is charming and Violette is adorable - sooo FLUFFY!!! I want to stroke her..