Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sweet Liberty

Hi everyone!
Dear Shashi gently reminded me that I hadn't mentioned yet the Liberty fabric I bought in London last month. :) I was fortunate enough to visit the Liberty store while their winter sale was on. Many of their fabrics were 50% off!
Here is the loot - funny how it features all my favourite shades of blue.
All the fabrics are lawn.

The two fabrics to the left are special. I wanted a 3-metre cut for a full-skirted dress, but I couldn't decide between those two - and couldn't see myself purchasing both. Seb told me he'd buy me one of them, so I could have both! I was speechless. He chose the dotted one. That'll become a special dress for sure.

The third fabric from the left was purchased at Shaukat, which sells Liberty remnants at reduced prices. It's a 1.5-metre cut and I know exactly what I'll do with it. I made a really cute little black dress 2 weeks ago (New Look 6643, which turned out much cuter than on their envelope - pictures ASAP!), and now I've done all the tweaking to make it really fit, I won't be afraid of using Liberty to make another. That'll definitely be one of my most-worn dresses this spring!

I'm not sure yet what I'll make with the fourth, which is a smaller cut, but I just couldn't pass those birds. ;)
Shaukat also had £-1 fat-quarters, which is how I got the red print I used for Ann's scented sachets.

Thank you for your well-wishes; I feel totally fine today! Yesterday's Mass went really well, and I'm so happy to be "seriously" singing again. You'll laugh, but confessing to you that I used to sing a lot in another life played a part in my finally getting over my shyness and offering my services to the church. I'm deeply happy to have added that new dimension to my life again - singing, and serving.

To show you just how little I've stitched this week, here is my paltry progress on the Petites Maisons SAL:

Pathetic, eh? ;)

Hope you're all having a great weekend! Ours has been busy, and happy. My parents came over to bring us some furniture we bought at Ikea's in Lille last week (they slept at my sister's and we went there with brioches for breakfast this morning!). Our flat is just perfect now, and I feel, amazingly, that I've managed to create a real sewing atelier in one corner of our 45-m² flat. I'll try and take pictures when everything is really nice and tidy. :) As a result, I haven't touched a needle yet, but at least I know I'll be so much happier the next time I do :)

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous pictures of you and your family, Isabelle! The new fabrics are beautiful and I can't wait to see your new dresses that you make.

Your Petites Maisons SAL is coming along very nicely too! I have printed out the charts so far....:-D

KarenV said...

Trying again...

Glad you're feeling better Isabelle {{{hugs}}} and that you're having a nice weekend. Lovely pics of your family and Robin - the one of him smiling at your dad(?) is so sweet!

stitcherw said...

Lovely fabric, looking forward to seeing pictures of the dresses. As to stitching, sometimes life is just to busy in other areas for a while to fit in as much as we'd like. However, you did get some in, and Maisons is a cute project. Glad you're feeling better and had such a good time singing.
Sue

Carol said...

Those are really beautiful fabrics!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Wow, a sewing spot in a 45 m2 apartment? You should become a designer!

And speaking of designs, I simply cannot wait to see what you do with those glorious fabrics you purchased. They are absolutely gorgeous!!

And singing! WOW!

Sounds like you had more than enough to fit into two days without worrying about setting any stitching records! :)

Sylvie said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with them!

I'm looking forward to seeing picture of your sewing atelier :)

Bonne soirée

(((hugs)))

Shashi Nayagam said...

Dear Isabelle,
Glad to know that you are feeling much better and your singing went well. Must be so satisfying to do what you love.
I am sure those fabrics in your hands will turn into something beautiful. Look forward to seeing your black dress. It is a beautiful pattern.

Von said...

It's so good to read all your news, Isabelle! I'm so jealous of your new Liberty lawns. :) That stuff pleats (for smocking) like butter and makes the sweetest dresses. Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you'll be whipping up!

Katrina said...

that is some scrummy fabric Isabelle, looking forward now to seeing what you whip up from them all, lol. All your family pics are wonderful too, little Robin is such a cutie :)

Dawn said...

The fabrics are lovely!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous fabrics Isabelle, I look forward to seeing what you make with them.

Cari said...

Your stitchalong is coming along! You are way ahead of me! I just started...
Nice fabric choices!

XXXX
Cari

lena-lou said...

Lovely fabrics, the Liberty lawn lays beautifully :-)) You will enjoy using these and we will enjoy seeing what you make with them. I am also looking forward to seeing your 'wee' stitching area :)

Lucy said...

Okay, you've convinced me to stitch my mansions all on one cloth...yours looks beautiful!!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

The fabrics you purchase are great. I look forward to seeing your finished projects.

Zoanna said...

What a gorgeous collection of blue fabric. So when you sing and sew on blue fabric, do you sing blues?