And I'm not even talking about the gifts from my family! But I came home from my parents' to find so many lovely, thoughtful gifts in the mail... Christmas is certainly not over!
(click for a very large picture)
From the top left and clockwise:
- My friend Séverine sent me a scarf in a lovely cherry "clafoutis" color that she designed & knit herself; she even made the badge on it!! The funny thing is, she knit it at the very moment when I was sewing gifts for her!
- My dear sweet friend Jenna sent me one of the fabulous ornaments she made this year... I told her specifically I didn't want any... But she sent the one I liked best!! Her stitching is amazing. Thanks again my friend... That ornament will hang above my desk all year long! (You can see a better photo in her gallery - if you don't know Jenna's awesome work, have a tour, you're in for a real treat!)
- Bernadette is a lovely lady whom Zoanna knows well, since she made many beautiful toiletry bags for Katrina evacuees. I had sent her a couple of gifts to thank her and she knitted me that adorable kitty in Violette's colours!! Now Seb and I each have our own precious kitty sitting on our bedframe (he has the blue kitty I made him last month)
- Bernadette also embroidered and made a lavender towel topper for me... It is so pretty...
- My friend Carol sent me the Margaret Sherry kit of one of my favorite designs - Purr-Pendicular!! She also sent some mint green Cashel linen along - Carol, I assume you think it'd be a good choice for Purr-Pendicular itself?
- Finally, Christiane made me some lovely gifts, again. I don't know what to say, as she'd knitted a fabulous scarf for me in November, and I thought my thank you gifts were so lame in comparison!! And now she sends me those beautiful, delicately embroidered gifts - a superb bookmark and a pretty envelope (lined in a Sunbonnet fabric! I LOVE sunbonnets!!)
To top it all... I received a big box of goodies from my dear friend Zoanna, in which she included the cutest gifties for every French seamstress who contributed bags to the Katrina project. I don't want to show you mine, because some of my French sewing buddies come here and I don't want to spoil the surprise... But I can at least tell you it's adorable, and show you the sensation that the box created when I opened it:
And I am not even mentioning the cards I received... I am overwhelmed! Thank you my friends!!
Apart from that... Our Christmas was a happy one! I'll tell you about it in another post... But I wanted a separate entry for the gifts you friends sent me!